Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Time

I could hardly sleep Friday night after decorating my mom-in-law’s tree. By the time I jumped out of bed Saturday morning, my creative juices were no longer seeping, they were marinating! I could not wait to get our decorations up. My desire must have been contagious because Isabelle was begging Christian to get the tubs from the attic.

So we had our own little tree trimming party. The girls were great helpers, strategically placing each ornament on the tree. Never even noticed me going right behind them and moving them to a more ideal spot. And I am proud to say we only had two broken ornaments and two mommy breakdowns. Sorry I am very sentimental with the ornaments. We continued a lovely tradition with the girls, one that my parents started with Matthew and me. Every year they each get a new ornament that fits their interests at that time. For example, Isabelle was really fascinated with trains a few years ago, so her ornament that year was a candy train.

Anyhow, I just love these moments with my brown eyed girls. They remind me how precious my life really is! Once again, my cup runneth over.

tree Our Christmas Tree!

topperMy topper. I love the Lord of All. He is the reason for the season! It’s important to us that the girls know this.

tree Love the colors!

fireplaceFireplace

elf  Can’t forget about Wayne, our Elf on the Shelf.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Great job on the tree! Looks amazing. Now if only I can convince myself to do the same thing. We definitely need to get together before Christmas. Maybe we can meet up for a birthday dinner!

    ReplyDelete