Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No Trick, All Treat

So I joined the Blog World and I am finally posting my first one! Blame it on my friend Kate who is my advisor on, well, pretty much anything and everything and I must mention has the hippest blog I’ve ever seen. As a young girl, I periodically recorded my comings and goings, my thoughts, my photos; however, they remained on pretty pink paper, protected with a heart-shaped lock, and hidden in a dark secret place under my bed. But it seems as though those times are gone and internet journaling is the trendy replacement. So here goes…

If you ask the girls about their Halloween, they’ll put on their best pout face and reply, “Halloween is over!” Can’t blame them. This October has been a blast for them. No, not because of the candy or the eerie yard decorations, but because of the costumes, of course. The girls knew what they wanted to be months ago and thanks to Granny, they had exactly what their little hearts desired! They wore those costumes every chance they had. It started with Pappy’s birthday party turning into a dress up themed party and it ended with ultimate trick-or-treating at Abuela’s house. It is not a trick, only a huge treat to watch my darling girls put on smiles the size of Texas and find enormous delight in the simple things of their trouble-free lives. Praise God for my cup runneth over.

Julie Buggie!! Julie Buggie!!

Our Little Memaid Our Little Mermaid!!

Izzy the Kitty!!Izzy the Kitty!! 

Isabelle Poor Isabelle! There was no meow left in this kitty!

Julianne Looks like we figured out how to make Julianne smile for a photo!

Charlotte

The mermaid has left the building! Charlotte had enough fun for one night.

spider cookiesI know it’s a bit early to tell if I’m raising the next Betty Crocker, but check out these bad boys.  Way to go, Isabelle and Julianne!

5 comments:

  1. You are fantastic! Thanks for the sweet mention. I just happened to see that I had a new "follower" and figured you must have started blogging!! Get ready...it is addicting. But fun. I love the pictures of the girls. And not only did you get a smile out of Julie, but the biggest smile ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Amy! The girls are so precious in their costumes! & those cookies are awesome! I bet they tasted good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I love your blog! I can't wait to see more! By the way, that first picture of Julianne up there is the spitting image of you! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cute...I love it :)! I cannot believe how big your girls are getting! Time flies! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog! Will definitely add to my favs and check often! It was great catching up!

    ReplyDelete